Planting Shoes

This week I have rushed dinner to be planted on the sofa for the Chelsea Flower Show. Combined with the splendid sunshine it has rekindled my enthusiasm for wildflower meadows, giant Alliums, got me thinking about hat sculptures and enjoying lunchtimes in our own garden.
When we bought the property the garden was overgrown, spiky, dark and damp. Having two dead trees removed and digging out numerous rampant weed beds has revealed a compact but well designed space. We are fortunate to have a grand archway entrance, two well established Ash trees and an Acer, that give great height and drama. Plus a splendid shed, now blue. Circular brickwork borders and giant recycled pepper pot planters, give a friendly round feeling. All it needs is a little more weed clearance and some flowers and veg. I am working front to back, to create a cottage garden including artwork and last year planted roses, honeysuckle, hebe and hellebore's. This weekend I plan to visit the local nursery, sow more wild flowers and plant up my shoes, which have been weathering for over a year now.

Comments

Popular Posts