Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Can You Paint My Sighthound?

 Monoprint

Watercolour

Recently a number of people have asked me to paint their dog, so I thought I would outline how this works. I accept commissions for whippets, greyhounds and lurchers.

Stage One        A Photograph Of Your Hound
To get started you need to supply me with a photograph of your hound against a plain background. I am looking for a clear shape and need to see their eyes, ears and paws. If you are unsure what to email, a look in the sighthound section of my website will help.

Stage Two       Pick A Type of Artwork
Monoprint - Line drawing of hound using black ink on heavyweight cartridge paper, which will take two weeks to complete, supplied loose for you to take to a framer.
A4 11.7 x 8.3 inches          £95
A5 8.3 x 5.8 inches            £75
Watercolour - One colour (either black or brown) tonal painting of your hound on watercolour paper, which will take two weeks to complete, supplied loose for you to take to a framer. Same sizes and prices as monoprints
Oil Painting - Oil painting on plywood, of your hound with a background which will take six weeks to complete. Prices range from £195 - £595

Stage Three     Approval and Payment
I email you a copy of the finished artwork for approval. If satisfied you then post me a cheque for the full amount.

Stage Four       Delivery 
Once the cheque has cleared, I post your artwork first class mail.

In the unlikely event the artwork is not what you had hoped, return it within 7 days for a full refund.

If you are outside the UK, we agree in writing the additional postage cost.

Oil Painting

Any questions please shout.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post...I always like the guy with the 'kercheif.

    You could do a new carol to sing at the bank (to the tune "Do You Hear What I Hear?"):

    "Can you paint my sight hound?"
    (repeat)
    "Yes, I can. Send your money here...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me laugh.

    It's the photo that is always tricky bit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...