Artist's Open House


Artist Anna Wilson-Patterson is hosting an exhibition of contemporary paintings and prints at her home in Fairlight village.

Walking her elegant greyhounds daily, at dawn and dusk, along the windswept cliff top paths of Hastings Country Park, Anna has been inspired by gorse silhouettes, channel views and local wildlife.

She says: “My paintings are exhibited in local galleries throughout the year, so this is an opportunity for people to meet me face-to-face. Visitors can see my sketchbooks, paints and tools and I am happy to talk about my work. I find their observations refreshing and helpful”.

“We moved to Fairlight village earlier this year and I started recording everyday moments; a fox trotting up the garden path, rabbits munching the lawn and birds at the bird bath. In addition to my larger seascapes, these smaller paintings, prints and drawings form a visual diary of this year.”

Also for sale are Anna’s paintings, prints and greeting cards of huts and hounds at Winchelsea Beach, Hastings, Rye Harbour and Dungeness.

Anna’s exhibition is part of the regional South East Open Studios event, encouraging the public to meet artists and experience their creative process at first hand.

Spark Cottage, Fyrsway, Fairlight TN35 4BG
Saturdays and Sundays June 8/9 15/16 22/23
11am – 6pm Other times by appointment.
 

Comments

  1. Good grief, you've only just moved house! Still, nothing like setting yourself a target, I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 'good grief' made me laugh.
    I have an enormous amount of paintings from last year stacked in my little room.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts